Introduction to Linear and Matrix AlgebraEdfinity is supported by the National Science Foundation
This is an online homework companion to Introduction to Linear and Matrix Algebra. It comprises hundreds of algorithmic problems carefully organized into problem sets mapped to textbook sections. Use this course as-is, or customize at any level. You can mix-and-match problems from other catalog courses, add problems from the Edfinity problem repository, or write your own.
How to use this course
- Homework: Assign high quality problems with hints and personalized feedback to develop problem-solving skills.
- Testing: Create summative secure online quizzes and tests in minutes.
- Supplementary resources: Embed videos, class notes, and applets alongside assignments.
- Intervention: Use rich analytics to identify and monitor at-risk students for timely intervention.
- Analytics: Drill down into student performance and identify problematic or difficult topics.
- Flipped classroom: Assign pre-class assignments. Save precious class time for discussions.
- Emporium classes: Use Edfinity for individual/group work for large enrollment sections in labs.
Algebraic, graphing, open response; randomized variants, hints, and tips
Each student receives personalized support
to fill learning gaps.
Use pre-built corequisite content,
or create your own.
Connect to your LMS in minutes. VPAT here.
Import and author WeBWorK problems.
- Edfinity Demo
- 1 1 Vectors And Vector Operations
- 1 2 Lengths, Angles, And The Dot Product
- 1 3 Matrices And Matrix Operations
- 1 4 Linear Transformations
- 1 A Areas, Volumes, And The Cross Product
- 1 B Paths In Graphs
- 2 1 Systems Of Linear Equations
- 2 2 Elementary Matrices And Matrix Inverses
- 2 3 Subspaces, Spans, And Linear Independence
- 2 4 Bases And Rank
- 2 A Linear Algebra Over Finite Fields
- 2 B Linear Programming
- 2 C More About The Rank
- 2 D The Lu Decomposition
- 3 1 Coordinate Systems
- 3 2 Determinants
- 3 3 Eigenvalues And Eigenvectors
- 3 4 Diagonalization
- 3 A More About Determinants
- 3 B Power Iteration
- 3 C Complex Eigenvalues Of Real Matrices
- 3 D Linear Recurrence Relations
Educator access is free. Student access costs $14 to $29 per term depending on scale of adoption and level of support. Institutional adoption across all courses could lower the cost to as little as $2.99/student for community colleges and $5.99/student for 4-year institutions. More information here. Contact us to discuss your needs.
This is a multi-student license intended for use during instruction. You will be able to manage a section of students and monitor their progress. Student access is valid for the duration of the 5 month term.
Edfinity is a full-featured homework system that supports mathematically-aware problems with algebraic input, evaluation of mathematical expressions, randomized variants, prerequisite pathways for personalized learning, collaboration, coordinated courses, flexible configuration of students’ experience, and complete customization of assignments. Edfinity is WeBWorK-compatible - existing WeBWorK courses can be automatically imported, and you can author new WeBWorK problems using our problem authoring tool.