|Course||MTH 150, Discrete Mathematics|
Logic, mathematical reasoning, introduction to proofs, mathematical induction, set operations, algorithms, introduction to number theory, recurrence relations, techniques of counting, graphs, as well as specific questions given by the “Towers of Hanoi,” and Euler’s “7 bridges of Konigsberg problem.”
|Textbook||Discrete Mathematics with Applications, 7th or earlier edition, Kenneth Rosen; or a textbook of your choice.|
Edfinity is a full-featured homework system. Use this problem series as-is, or mix-and-match with other series or your own problems as desired. Edfinity gives you complete control over the every aspect of students' online assessment experience.
Powered by WeBWorK
This problem series includes WeBWorK-enhanced problems. WeBWorK problems are highly sophisticated, supporting the representation and manipulation of mathematical objects such as vectors, points, matrices, intervals, and complex numbers, with customizable answer checkers. Students are encouraged to make multiple attempts until they succeed, and given immediate feedback on correctness.
Edfinity provides full access to the WeBWorK Open Public Library (OPL), a collection of over 20,000 rich, interactive problems across a wide range of math and science subjects, including college algebra, discrete mathematics, probability and statistics, single and multivariable calculus, differential equations, linear algebra and complex analysis.
- 1.6 Rules of Inference; 1.7 Introduction to Proofs
- 1.8 Methods of Proof and Strategy; 2.1 Sets
- 2.2 Set Operations; 2.3 Functions; 2.4 Sequences and Summations
- 3.1 Algorithms; 3.2 Growth of Functions
- 3.3 Complexity of Algorithms; 4.1 Divisibility and Modular Arithmetic
- 4.4 Solving Congruences; 4.5 Applications of Congruences
- 4.6 Cryptography; 5.1 Mathematical Induction
- 5.4 Recursive Algorithms; 6.1 Basics of Counting; 6.2 Pigeonhole Principle
- 8.2 Solving Linear Recurrence Relations; 10.1 Graph and Graph Model; 10.2 Graph Terminology and Special Types of Graphs
- 10.3 Representing Graphs and Graph Isomorphism; 10.4 Connectivity; 10.5 Euler and Hamilton Paths and Circuits
This is a multi-student, educator license. You will be able to manage an online course with your students, and monitor their progress.