|Course||MTH 111, College Algebra. Explores relations and functions graphically, numerically, symbolically, and verbally. Examines exponential, logarithmic, polynomial, and rational functions. Investigates applications from a variety of perspectives. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio ClassPad recommended.|
|Textbook||College Algebra and Trigonometry by Sullivan and Sullivan, or a textbook of your choice|
|Prerequisites||Intended for students who have passed the Intermediate Algebra course.|
Customize your Student Experience
Edfinity is a full-featured homework system. Use this problem series as-is, or mix-and-match with other series or your own problems as desired. Edfinity gives you complete control over the every aspect of students' online assessment experience.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Manipulate absolute value, quadratic, rational and radical expressions, equations, and/or inequalities.
- Translate between graphical, numerical, verbal, and symbolic representations of functions.
- Use variables to represent unknown quantities, create a function to model a situation and use algebra and/or technology to find and interpret a result.
- Interpret properties of functions and relations, such as the meaning of ordered pairs, domain and range, maximum and minimum values, and intercepts.
Powered by WeBWorK
This problem series includes WeBWorK-enhanced problems. WeBWorK problems are highly sophisticated, supporting the representation and manipulation of mathematical objects such as vectors, points, matrices, intervals, and complex numbers, with customizable answer checkers. Students are encouraged to make multiple attempts until they succeed, and given immediate feedback on correctness.
Edfinity provides full access to the WeBWorK Open Public Library (OPL), a collection of over 20,000 rich, interactive problems across a wide range of math and science subjects, including college algebra, discrete mathematics, probability and statistics, single and multivariable calculus, differential equations, linear algebra and complex analysis.
- Function Basics
- Tables And Graphs
- Domain And Range
- Function Arithmetic
- Piecewise Defined Functions
- Difference Quotients
- Composing Functions
- Function Transformations
- Polynomial Functions
- Rational Functions
- Inverses Of Functions
- Percentage Review
- Exponential Function Basics
- Eulers Constant And Natural Log
- Continuous Relative Growth Rate
This is a multi-student, educator license. You will be able to manage an online course with your students, and monitor their progress.