|Contributor||Portland Community College|
|Course||MTH 95, Intermediate Algebra. Explores functions graphically, symbolically, verbally, and numerically with an emphasis on function notation. Investigates functions, equations, and graphs involving quadratic, rational, radical, and absolute value expressions. Integrates technology throughout. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio ClassPad recommended.|
|Textbook||Intermediate Algebra with Applications and Visualization by Rockswold, or a textbook of your choice|
|Prerequisites||Intended for students who have passed the Introductory Algebra II course.|
Customize your Student Experience
Edfinity is a full-featured homework system. Use this problem series as-is, or mix-and-match with other series or your own problems as desired. Edfinity gives you complete control over the every aspect of students' online assessment experience.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Manipulate absolute value, quadratic, rational and radical expressions, equations, and/or inequalities.
- Translate between graphical, numerical, verbal, and symbolic representations of functions.
- Use variables to represent unknown quantities, create a function to model a situation and use algebra and/or technology to find and interpret a result.
- Interpret properties of functions and relations, such as the meaning of ordered pairs, domain and range, maximum and minimum values, and intercepts.
Powered by WeBWorK
This problem series includes WeBWorK-enhanced problems. WeBWorK problems are highly sophisticated, supporting the representation and manipulation of mathematical objects such as vectors, points, matrices, intervals, and complex numbers, with customizable answer checkers. Students are encouraged to make multiple attempts until they succeed, and given immediate feedback on correctness.
Edfinity provides full access to the WeBWorK Open Public Library (OPL), a collection of over 20,000 rich, interactive problems across a wide range of math and science subjects, including college algebra, discrete mathematics, probability and statistics, single and multivariable calculus, differential equations, linear algebra and complex analysis.
- Calculator Basics
- Function Notation
- Function Domain Range
- Solve Inequalities
- Solve Absolute Value Equations
- Solve Absolute Value Inequalities
- Rational Functions Domain
- Simplify Rational Expressions
- Multiply Rational Expressions
- Divide Rational Expressions
- Add Subtract Rational Expressions
- Simplify Complex Rational Expressions
- Solve Rational Equations
- Solve Rational Equations Applications
- Solve Literal Rational Equations
- Radical Functions Domain Range
- Rational Exponents
- Simplify Radical Expressions
- Operations With Radicals
- Rationalize Radical Denominators
- Solve Radical Equations
- Complex Number Operations
- Rationalize Complex Number Denominators
- Quadratic Functions
- Quadratic Functions Vertex Form
- Solve Quadratic Equations
- Quadratic Formula
- Quadratic Equations With Complex Solutions
This is a multi-student, educator license. You will be able to manage an online classroom of your students, and monitor their progress.