Relations and Equations
Educator EditionCourse 5: Middle School Mathematics Series on Problem Solving
This is the third course in the best selling Middle School Mathematics series. James Tanton, a Princeton mathematician, has unveiled the joys and delights of Relationships and Equations with a conversational introduction to key concepts accompanied by a unique collection of problems that set a student on the path of mathematical mastery and clever problem-solving.
Includes both online, self-paced problem sets and a complete eBook with instructional content.
- 11-15 years old, Grades/Years 5-9
- United States, Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, India, and affiliated curricula
How to Use
Use it in the classroom or on the side. This short and easy-to-use course will help you boost your students’ abilities in mathematical thinking, increase their mathematical curiosity, and put them on a path to mastery of key concepts related to Relationships and Equations The 11 problem sets contain exemplary practice problems to play with, mull over, and discuss at a pace that suits the classroom or self-paced students. The course is used equally to help students prepare for mathematics competitions or to strengthen their thinking skills.
The course provide robust attention to standards and guidelines of the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics (USA), GCSE (UK), Singapore’s Math curriculum, Australian Curriculum, and most other international syllabi, in addition to helping students prepare effectively for local and major international contests. The key topics covered are:
- Inverse Proportions
- The Vinculum and Parentheses
- Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
- Writing and Rewriting Algebraic Expressions
- Solving Equations
- Solving Inequalities
- Solving Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Systems of Equations from Graphs
- The Equations of a Line
- Absolute Value
- 11 skill-building problem sets
- eBook with instructional content
- Complete solutions with author's commentary
- Auto-grading and performance analysis
This is a multi-student, educator license. You will be able to manage an online classroom of your students, and monitor their progress. See the student edition here.